Words by Siân Irvine
Last week, we sadly lost Ruth Bader Ginsburg- legal, cultural and feminist icon.
To honour her legacy, UV has compiled our favourite quotes by the legendary Supreme Court Justice.
Remember ladies: if you have a credit card in your own name, your own credit history, if you have leased or bought property in your name, if you have consented to your own medical treatment or played a sport in school- you can thank Ruth Bader Ginsberg.
1. “If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor.”
2. “Fight for the things you care about, but do it in a way that will lead others to join you.”
3. “My mother told me to be a lady. And for her that meant: be your own person. Be independent.”
4. “I ask no favour of my sex. All I ask of our brethren is that they take their feet off our necks.”
5. “Women will only have true equality when men share the responsibility of bringing up the next generation.”
May her legacy live on in all of us!!